Gluten-Free Cookies, courtesy of the Little Leaf Guest House
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
125g ground almonds
50g melted butter (left to cool down a little bit)
56g caster sugar
85g (or more) of dried fruit / chopped apricots / chocolate chips / glacier cherries (use what you like, I use dried fruit)
1tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt (optional if using salted butter)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees (150 degrees for fan assisted ovens).
2. Grease baking tray / cover oven tray with greaseproof paper.
3. Mix together all ingredients except fruit or chocolate.
4. Fold in fruit or chocolate.
5. Using a heaped teaspoon of batter 'splodge' out batter onto baking tray. This amount of batter should make 12 cookies.
6. Mould into cookie shape with fingers if you want, or just leave it for a more natural looking cookie.
7. Bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes, take out when sides start to brown.
8. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Many thanks to Lee at the Little Leaf Guest House for sharing!
The Little Leaf Guest House- Fresh, modern, comfortable guest house in stunnning St Ives. Close to town, the beach, the Tate and the Coastal Path - homemade cookies and interesting breakfasts are a speciality.